I am a Research Scientist at FiveAI. Previously, I have completed a PhD within the ILCC institute of the School of Informatics at the University of Edinburgh under the supervision of Alex Lascarides and Subramanian Ramamoorthy.
- online reinforcement learning in non-deterministic, partially observable domains with a high tree branching factor and large depth;
- deep learning models for acquiring policies from human non-expert data;
- game theory, especially highly complex games, which a human can quickly understand, but are very dificult to master and even harder for a machine to learn.
- BSc (Hons) Robotics with Artificial Intelligence, University of Bradford, 2013 (1st class);
- Received Best student Overall Performance Award, University of Bradford, 2013
- Mihai Dobre and Alex Lascarides (2018) [pdf] POMCP with Human Preferences in Settlers of Catan, Artificial Intelligence and Interactive Digital Entertainment (AIIDE), Edmonton, Canada.
- Mihai Dobre and Alex Lascarides (2017) [pdf] Exploiting action categories in learning complex games, Proceedings of the IEEE SAI Intelligent Systems Conference (IntelliSys), London, UK.
- Simon Keizer, Markus Guhe, Heriberto Cuayahuitl, Ioannis Efstathiou, Klaus-Peter Engelbrecht, Mihai Dobre, Alex Lascarides and Oliver Lemon (2017) [pdf] Evaluating Persuasion Strategies and Deep Reinforcement Learning methods for Negotiation Dialogue agents, Proceedings of EACL, Valencia, Spain.
- Mihai Dobre and Alex Lascarides (2017) [pdf] Combining a Mixture of Experts with Transfer Learning in Complex Games, Proceedings of the AAAI Spring Symposium: Learning from Observation of Humans, Stanford, USA.
- Mihai Dobre and Alex Lascarides (2015) [pdf] Online Learning and Mining Human Play in Complex Games, Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Computational Intelligence in Games (CIG), Tainan, Taiwan.